The doctrine of perseverance has been such a comfort to me over this past year and a half. There were and still are times that I fear my faith will fail depending on what God’s sovereign hand deals us. However, the fact that my faith is great not because of the amount of it but because of the Object of it, has been something I’ve had to remind myself over and over. The obejct of my faith is Christ and He is too great and too powerful to lose any that the Father has given Him (John 6:39). This old hymn text (recently recorded in an updated format) has comforted me and given my soul inexpressible joy on more occasions than I can count!
The Love of Christ Is Rich and Free
1. The love of Christ is rich and free, fixed on His own eternally; Nor earth, nor hell, can it remove, long as He lives, His own He’ll love.
2. His loving heart engaged to be, their everlasting Surety; ’Twas love that took their cause in hand, and love maintains it to the end.
Chorus: Love cannot from its post withdraw! Nor death, nor hell, nor sin, nor law, can turn the Surety’s heart away; He’ll love His own to endless day.
3. Love has redeemed His sheep with blood, and love will bring them safe to God; Love calls them all from death to life, and love will finish all their strife.
4. He loves through every changing scene, nor aught from Him can Zion wean; Not all the wanderings of her heart, can make His love for her depart.
5. At death, beyond the grave, He’ll love; In endless bliss, His own shall prove the blazing glory of that love, which never could from them remove.
-William Gadsby (1773-1844)
It is quite a stretch (to say the least) to transition from God’s love for us in Christ to my love for Matthew and Stelly, but although imperfect and a mere reflection of that amazing love, my love for them is deep, nonetheless! Here are some fun Valentine’s pics:
Pucker up, Ammy! This smooch is for you!
My two loves!
Opening valentine packages from both sets of grandparents.
A special delivery from Mommy and Daddy!